SWINCAR E-Spider Model
The SWINCAR light electric 4×4 has all sorts of uses:
— Leisure: fun, cross country travel, competitions, exploration,
— Agriculture (vineyards on hillsides, mountainous and remote land …)
— Public service and emergency services
— Accessible for persons with reduced mobility (PMR)
— Transporting equipment across difficult terrain
— Scientific research: geology, biology and ecology
- 4 wheel drive provided by 4 individual wheel motors
- 4 independent steering wheels
- Rated power 4kW (peak> 12kW)
- Maximum torque: 340Nm
- 4kWh batteries built into the chassis
- Range up to 4hrs including 1000m of climbing
- Battery re-charging during descent and deceleration
- Steering wheel controls (throttle and brakes)
- Reverse, lighting, parking brake, plate holder
- Cargo rack and tank
- Nacelle and wheels in pendulum balance
- Independent swivel crossbars
- Aluminium chassis and suspension mounts
- 4 combined spring shock absorbers
- Adjustable seat (delivered with cover)
- External charger (charging in 2.5 hours)
- Ground clearance 26 cm
- Climbing ability: slopes up to> 50%
- Cross slope stability: up to> 50%
- Cross axle or diagonal suspension: up to 2×50%
French road legal model: The Swincar e-Spider version MAGA has been approved road legal in France since July 2017 (MAGA approval Machine Agricole Automotrice). It can be insured and registered.
The speed of a MAGA approved agricultural vehicle is limited to a maximum of 25 km / h on the road.
European approval (L6E) is in progress. When approved this will allow SWINCAR to be driven on roads throughout Europe.
In 2018 the French Institute of Design, sponsored by the Ministers of Industry, Trade and Foreign Trade, awarded SWINCAR the JANUS label for Industry for its SWINCAR e-Spider pendulum electric quadricycle. With SWINCAR a new relationship between mobility, the environment, security, ease of use, pleasure and respect for others is possible.